Are you an aspiring undergraduate or postgraduate student looking for a golden opportunity to fuel your academic dreams? Deakin University’s Scholarship for Excellence in Trimester 3, 2023 might just be the key to unlocking your potential. In this comprehensive guide, we will dive deep into the eligibility criteria, application process, and the incredible benefits this scholarship has to offer.
To ensure you don’t miss out on this outstanding opportunity, mark these key dates on your calendar:
- Applications Open: October 18, 2023.
- Applications Close: November 8, 2023, at 5:00 PM.
Deakin University is committed to nurturing academic brilliance. The Scholarship for Excellence offers different benefits for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
For undergraduates, this scholarship awards an impressive $5,000 per year ($625 per credit point). The best part? You have the flexibility to choose between receiving this amount as cash or putting it towards your student contributions (tuition fees).
Postgraduate students, this one’s for you! The Scholarship for Excellence offers an even more generous $10,000 per year ($1,250 per credit point). Similar to undergraduates, you can decide whether you want to receive this amount as cash, contribute it towards your student contributions, or even opt for a combination of both.
Before you dive into the application process, make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Citizenship: You must be an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident, or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa.
- Enrollment: You should either be commencing or currently enrolled in an undergraduate bachelor degree in a Commonwealth supported place (CSP) or a postgraduate by coursework degree (CSP or full fee) at Deakin University in Trimester 3, 2023.
- Study Load: Undergraduates should be enrolled full-time unless there are exceptional circumstances preventing full-time study. Postgraduates should be enrolled in at least two credit points.
- Achievement: Demonstrate achievement in one of the following:
- An ATAR of at least 85.
- A Weighted Average Mark (WAM) or Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 80 in previous tertiary study.
- Leadership experience.
- Elite sports performance.
- Community service.
- Volunteer activities.
- Excellence in the Arts.
- Any other notable achievement.
- Consideration: Special consideration will be given to students facing financial or personal hardship.
To maintain eligibility for the Deakin Scholarship for Excellence, you must maintain a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of at least 65.
When applying, you’ll need to provide supporting documentation, so ensure you have everything in order. The quality and relevance of your documents are more important than quantity.
The required supporting documentation includes:
- Evidence of your previous WAM or GPA (if completed at another institution).
- Evidence of any leadership activities or community service achievements.
- Evidence of sporting or other achievements.
Applying for a scholarship is your chance to stand out and showcase your potential. Consider why you want this scholarship, and use your application to tell your unique story. Quality and relevance are key, not quantity.
For more application tips, read our top recommendations for applying for a scholarship.
How to Apply
Applying for the Deakin Scholarship for Excellence is straightforward:
- Apply directly to Deakin University through our Scholarship Application Portal.
- Select either the ‘Undergraduate Scholarship Application Tri/Sem 3 2023’ or the ‘Postgraduate Scholarship Application Tri/Sem 3 2023’ option. If eligible, your application will automatically be considered for this scholarship.
This streamlined process reduces the number of scholarships you need to apply for and increases your chances of receiving a Deakin scholarship.
What Happens Next
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be assessed and ranked based on the information you provide and your supporting documentation.
Successful applicants will be contacted via the email address provided in their application portal account, while unsuccessful applicants will not receive notifications.
You’ll typically receive the results within four weeks of the application closing date. If you haven’t received an offer by then, it means you were unsuccessful. You can check the status of your application in your scholarship application portal account.
Next Offering Periods
If you miss out on the Trimester 3, 2023 application period, don’t worry. The Deakin Scholarship for Excellence will be available in the following offering periods:
- Trimester/Semester 1, 2024 (now open – various closing dates for different study levels).
- Trimester/Semester 2, 2024 (mid-June 2024 to mid-July 2024).
Please note that application dates provided are indicative and subject to change, so be sure to check closer to the application period for specific opening and closing dates. Don’t miss your chance to unlock your academic potential with Deakin University’s Scholarship for Excellence. Apply today!