At Qatar University, opportunities for academic excellence come in the form of scholarships. These scholarships are designed to attract highly qualified and talented students based on academic merit and talent. In this article, we’ll explore the various scholarships offered by Qatar University and the eligibility criteria for each.
Scholarship Timeline for Fall 2023
Qatar University offers a variety of scholarships, each with its own application timeline. If you’re planning to join the university for the Fall 2023 semester, here are some key dates to keep in mind:
- October 29, 2023: The online scholarship application opens, allowing you to upload the required documents. You can do this through the online admission application on the “Scholarship Application” page for the Children of Qatar University Employees Scholarship.
- November 15, 2023: This is the last day for online applications for Admission scholarships and GCC Qatari Certificate Scholarships.
- November 27, 2023: If you’re an international student, make sure to submit your online application for the International Students Scholarship by this date.
- December 25, 2023: The university will announce scholarship decisions.
Fully-Funded Scholarships for International Students in 2024
For international students, Qatar University offers fully-funded scholarships for the academic session of 2024. These scholarships cover various programs, including Master’s, Ph.D., PharmD, and Diploma programs. The benefits include:
- Tuition fees
- Textbook fees
- Monthly allowance
- Annual round-trip airplane ticket
- Residence permit under the Qatar University sponsorship
The eligibility criteria for these scholarships vary depending on the scholarship type and program, and the application process is conducted online. If you’re interested in applying for Fall 2023, the deadline is October 18, 2023.
General Eligibility Criteria
While the specific criteria may vary depending on the scholarship type and program, here are some general eligibility requirements for Qatar University scholarships:
- High school certificate or its equivalent
- Meeting admission requirements for the college and major of application
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or 3.5 out of 4.0, depending on the scholarship
- Enrollment at Qatar University
- Submission of required documents, including academic grades at the end of each semester
- Exclusivity: The applicant cannot benefit from this scholarship and another sponsorship/scholarship simultaneously
- Adherence to academic regulations, policies, and procedures of Qatar University
- Maintenance of a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 or 3.0 out of 4.0, depending on the scholarship, to continue receiving the scholarship
Please note that eligibility criteria may vary, so it’s essential to check the specific requirements for each scholarship before applying.
The value of Qatar University scholarships varies based on the scholarship type and program. Some scholarships cover tuition fees, while others go beyond, including textbook fees, monthly allowances, accommodation, transportation, and even annual round-trip airplane tickets.
The scholarship’s worth can range from QR 800 per credit hour for undergraduate programs to QR 2,000 per credit hour for master’s level programs. These scholarships are awarded based on academic merit and talent.
For instance, the H.H. the Emir of Qatar’s scholarship for academic excellence covers book charges and tuition fees. Outstanding Performance Scholarship applicants are exempted from tuition fees.
It’s important to emphasize that the scholarship’s value may differ depending on the scholarship type and program. Therefore, it’s advisable to review the specific scholarship details before submitting your application.
Qatar University provides a wealth of scholarship opportunities to support academic excellence and nurture talent. Whether you’re a prospective student eyeing the Fall 2023 semester or an international applicant considering 2024, these scholarships can pave your path to academic success. Take the time to explore the various options and determine which scholarship aligns with your academic journey and goals.